I realised a few things during my last trip across the pond:
- Always buy a local SIM-card for the phone. Having to rely on hotel WiFi (usually quite spotty) or free WiFi elsewhere is a pain in the ass.
- If possible, rent a MiFi that I can use with both computer, iPad and iPhone.
- Never book stuff directly after I return – I need at least 24 hours to recuperate after a long trip.
- Always – ALWAYS – bring the hand fan when travelling during summer.
- Load the Kindle app with more books than I think I will read – I always read more than I think I will.
- I usually use about 60% of all the clothes I pack.
- Make sure that I pack clothes and shoes that will be comfortable to walk long stretches in, as I usually do quite a lot of walking.
- Next time I’m flying longer than 5 hrs – do NOT use Economy. The money I save isn’t worth the discomfort!